Consulate General of India, Geneva
OVERSEAS CITIZENSHIP OF INDIA (OCI) SCHEME
The following documents (self attested) copies must be enclosed with each OCI application:
1. Two recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) size 5 x 5 cm (The photographs should have light color background (not white) without border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing full face in the middle of the photograph).
2. Proof of citizenship (Copy of Passport)
3. Evidence of Indian origin for self or parents or grand parents. (Persons who held Indian passport before acquiring foreign citizenship must submit proof of Renunciation of Indian citizenship / Passport Surrender Certificate)
4. "No Criminal Record Certificate" issued by the Federal Office of Justice, in original.
5. Evidence of relationship of parent/grandparent, if their Indian origin is claimed as basis for grant of Overseas Citizenship of India.
6. Copy of valid Residence Permit in Switzerland
7.Payment to be paid in the UBS Account no. 240-401506.03D (IBAN NO. CH16 0024 0240 4015 0603 D) through online bank transfer only. Service would be rendered after confirmation of payment from Bank.
FEE SCHEDULE FOR OCI
(i) New registration: CHF 365.00
(ii) Miscellaneous service like change of particulars: CHF 35.00
(iii) Conversion of PIO Card into OCI: NIL
(iv) Loss or damaged OCI card: CHF 135.00
Apart from fees, an amount of CHF 2.00 towards Consular Surcharge as indicated below may be deposited in UBS Account No. 240-401506.01N (IBAN NO. CH05 0024 0240 4015 0601 N)
8. For OCI card registration, please visit our sites http://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome OR http://www.mha.nic.in/.
N.B.: All Applicants have to upload scanned photograph & requisite documents online, before final submission at the Consulate.
A hard copy of the on line filled up OCI card application, should be submitted to the Consulate in person with relevant fee receipt, copy of required documents as above. Grant of OCI card is subject to fulfilment of all para meters of the laid down instructions.
"PIO Card holders are advised to get their card replaced by OCI card. Valid PIO Card holders, staying in the jurisdictional area of the Consulate General of India, Geneva are advised to visit our website www.pmindiaun.org and go to OCI link or may visit web site http://www.mha.nic.in directly to fill-up the form for registration of OCI card in place of PIO Card, without any registration fee. Properly filled up form may be deposited with CGI, Geneva with CHF 2/- as Consular surcharge in
Account No. 240-401506.01N (IBAN NO. CH05 0024 0240 4015 0601 N)
PIO card holders are advised to get their card replaced by OCI card by 30.06.2016
1. Vide Gazette Notification dated 09.01.2015, all PIO Cards issued till 09.01.2015 are deemed to be OCI card as PIO Card Scheme has been withdrawn.
2. Replacement of PIO card by OCI card is mandatory before 31.03.2016. PIO card holders are advised to contact their nearest Indian mission / Consular for any further advice on conversion of PIO card in OCI card.
3. OCI card has several advantages while visiting India and approaching Indian mission / Consulate for only consular services. Therefore, all PIO card holders are advised to get OCI cards by 31.03.2016.