1. The passport is a valuable document. It should always be either in the custody of the owner or in the custody of a person duly authorized by the owner. It must not be altered or mutilated in any way. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the Consulate General and to the local police.
2. It is an offense under the Passports Act 1967 to give false information in the Application. Passport facilities can be denied on grounds of suppression of factual information, submission of false particulars, willful damage of passport and for making unauthorized changes in the passports.
3. Please keep a photocopy of the passport in a safe place. Without a copy, issuance of a duplicate passport in case of loss/damage/theft may be delayed.
4. Please check the expiry date of the passport on receiving it for the first time and remember to get it renewed, well in advance of the expiry date.
5. Passport can be renewed one year prior to expiry.